SB Counseling is my private practice in Marietta, Georgia. I can also do distance counseling through an encrypted webcam server if you are in the state of Georgia. For a private consultation for counseling, email email@example.com . For more about me, read the blog post “Why Me?” Some things about me:
Perspective: Although my Logotherapy theoretical approach is firmly rooted in an integrated Christian worldview, I am also eclectically influenced by Sand-tray World-play therapy. As a Christian therapist, there are many points where my worldview does not agree with these theoretical perspectives. I view the deepest desire of man to be one for peace and meaning. In New Testament texts, the Greek word for peace is eirene which also means “whole.” While I do see a purpose in reflecting on the past at times, I do focus on the present–being mindfully in the now as the client searches for meaning and tries to fill the deepest need of becoming whole. Because of my strong faith perspective, I will not be the right match for all clients.
- My goal from the beginning of counseling is to end counseling. I do not see therapy as a life-time process. I see it as a road to problem solving.
- I do not accept insurance. I schedule sessions in 15 minute units costing $30 per unit. You may purchase 16 units for $300 and use those units any way you like. However, if you cannot afford that rate, let’s talk about alternatives. I have made a spiritual commitment not to let my price get in the way of those I can serve.
- The first consultation session does not commit you to any further sessions. If we are not a fit, I will help you find someone who is….at any time in our relationship.
- I have various options for meeting places. Under certain conditions I can meet face to face with you at your location. I am also trained to do distance counseling through the use of web cam on a HIPPA compliant site.
- My degrees are in education and in professional counseling. I have a B.S.Ed. from Armstrong University in English Education (1987), an M.A.T. in English Education from Georgia State University (1991), and an M.S. in Professional Counseling from Georgia State University (1998). I have been ACSI certified in English, Counseling, and Administration and Supervision.
- Why are you called “the hostile therapist”? Are you mean? I don’t think so. Years ago I got the nickname jokingly for my refusal to use false sympathy to make people feel better. I’d rather we all face the truth.
- I am a member of the American Association of Christian Counselors, The American School Counselors Association, The Anxiety and Depression Association of America, the Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor; and am an associate member of the Sandplay Therapists of America.
- My license is with the State. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor,license no. LPC008119. You may verify my license at sos.georgia.gov/PLB.